Are you a leader enthusiastic about our journey here in Girlguiding North West England? Join us at one of our training days where you’ll be able to learn all about the programme which is fuelled by the invaluable input of our young members. The new programme will provide more fun and stretching experiences, offer balance and diversity, and encourage girls to take the lead.
Our training is a perfect opportunity to learn about the changes, how it can work for your unit, and ask any questions - allowing you to develop your skills in leading sessions under the new programme.
What's in it for me?
- Learn about the new programme
- Network with other leaders
- Explore further opportunities and support
- Ask questions and address concerns
- A useful new programme goody bag on arrival!
Training is free, however lunch is not provided due to the nature of the timings.
There are three dates available - all of which are identical - so you only need to attend one training date. There are two spaces available per unit where you can pick a morning or afternoon session. Any unit volunteers may attend, though it is advised that the main leader (session planner) attends. We recommend that you attend one of the slots together.
Dates and venues available:
Sunday 16th September – Our Ladies Catholic College (Lancaster)
Sunday 7th October – Penketh High School (Warrington)
Saturday 10th November – Oasis Academy Media City (Salford)
Two slots available (pick only one - each are identical):
AM session slot: 9.00am – 12.30pm
PM session slot: 1.30pm – 5.00pm
Content of training:
- New Programme Overview
- Interest Badges
- Anniversary Badges
- Skills Builders
- Theme Awards
- Section Gold Awards
- Unit Meeting Activities (UMAs)
- How these all fit together
- Implementation of The New Programme
- How we can transition to the new programme
- Programme planning with girl-led guiding
- How to map girls across from the current programme
- Recording Progress
Deadlines for each training:
Lancaster: 3rd September
Warrington: 23rd September
Salford: 27th October